About the settlement
Kádárta has been a part of Veszprém since 1973, in 2001 it had 1590 inhabitants. There are fishing ponds on the outskirts of the village, which dates back to the Middle Ages. Until 1973 it was an independent, small, family-oriented village about 5 km from the centre of Veszprém, inhabited mainly by Reformed Christians. This magically beautiful area at the foot of the Bakony was already inhabited in Roman times. The storms of time did not wipe it out, and although it was reduced to a desert during the Turkish occupation, by 1727 it had a church and a water mill. In the early 1800s, more than 600 people lived here. By the post-World War II period, the population had risen to just over 700. Until 1950 it was part of Gyulafirátót, then it functioned as an independent council village until 1969, when it was annexed to Gyulafirátót again. From 1 January 1973 it became part of the town of Veszprém. Thanks to its proximity to the town, it is now inhabited by more than 2000 people. Its rural character has not been lost until today.
The district is becoming increasingly dynamic. There is no school in the municipality, but in the early 2000s a beautiful two-group kindergarten was built on the area bordered by Kenderföld, Malomkert and Egres streets. The Ficánka Foundation was created by the community, with the help of the parents of the children attending the kindergarten. The Foundation has been in operation ever since, and every February the Charity Kindergarten Ball is held, the proceeds of which are used to develop the institution.
A memorial park and a playground were built on the banks of the Séd in Kádártai, and for several years the village festival was held here, which is now located in the Gelemér Street Fountain Park, and since 2013 it has been called the Kádártai Vigasságok. Since 2010, the Dévai Bíró Mátyás Prize, founded on the initiative of the Kádárta Municipality, is awarded on this day to those who have contributed to the cultural life of the Kádárta municipality, to the formation and maintenance of the Kádárta communities and to the strengthening of the Kádárta identity.
There is also a post office on the banks of the Séd, and the old Kádártai Village Hall, which was in service until 2017, and will house a new medical clinic after renovations.
The village has two churches. One is the Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit in Kádárta, built in 1981. It is very small in size, practically consisting of one room. The church of the Reformed Parish of Kádárta was built around 1790 in late Baroque style, using Gothic walls. The Reformed Church is under monumental protection.
In 2004, the Ministry of Defence invested in the construction of a state-of-the-art residential complex directly adjacent to Route 82. More than 100 flats and four new streets (Apród, Bedevölgy, Kapitány and Lődomb streets) were created, and the new County Prison Institute was opened next to them.